Introduction to Early Intervention for Physicians
This module is designed for Physicians working with children aged 0-3 and their families. The following topics will be covered:
- The purposes of Early Intervention under the Individual with Disabilities Act, Part C (IDEA, Part C)
- The Mission and Key Principles for Providing Early Intervention
- The services in Natural Environments referred to families in the program
- The role of referring families of young children with disabilities or delays
- Identify ways to effectively support families participating in the early intervention program
The module is divided into several 10-15 minute segments. Continuing Medical Education Units will be provided for successful completion of all segments.
Credits: The AAFP has reviewed An Introduction to Early Intervention for Physicians and deemed it acceptable for up to 1.00 Enduring Materials, Self-Study AAFP Prescribed credits. Term of Approval is from 02/10/2023 to 02/10/2024. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.