Newborn Behavioral Observation
CEU applications pending for PT, OT, SW
The Newborn Behavioral Observation system (NBO) is an infant-focused, family-centered relationship-based tool, designed to sensitize parents to their baby's competencies and individuality, in order to foster positive parent-infant interactions and thus contribute to the development of a positive parent-infant relationship from the very beginning (Nugent, Keefer, Minear, Johnson & Blanchard, 2007).
In this two-day training, you will learn how to administer the tool through discussion, video and live example and hands-on practice using an infant doll. Please bring a doll with you to the training. You will also receive information about how to become a certified NBO practitioner.
This training is open to service providers working in Ohio’s Part C early intervention. You must meet the following in order to participate:
- Trainee must be a member of an IFSP team serving infants, toddlers and their families
- Trainee must be a DS or therapist (interventionists/assessor)
- Trainee must commit to obtaining certification following training and using the information learned in the training when assessing and providing interventions via the IFSP
Topic Area: Assessment
- Click this link to access a participant spreadsheet. The same spreadsheet is used for all three session.
- Complete all fields on the spreadsheet, including the dates you want to attend and your mailing address so course materials can be sent.
- Your information will be automatically transmitted to the Learning Management System (LMS) administrator at Brazelton.
- The LMS administrator will add the NBO course to your account one week prior to the training date. At that time, you will receive an automated message from the LMS to sign into your account and access pre-training materials.
Note: Registration will close Apr 23, 2021 to allow time for materials to be shipped to participants.
Instructor: Brazelton Institute of Boston Children’s Hospital
Contact Hours: 13
Formats: In Person
Skill Level: Implementation
Topics: Screening, Evaluation, and Assessment
Continuing Education Options: DODD Developmental Specialist, Ohio Infant Family Practitioner Level II, Ohio Infant Mental Health Practitioner Level III
May 19, 2021 at 12:00 AM - May 20, 2021 at 11:59 PM
May 26, 2021 at 12:00 AM - May 27, 2021 at 11:59 PM
June 1, 2021 at 12:00 AM - June 2, 2021 at 11:59 PM