Resources for Physicians
Introduction to EI for Physicians
This module is designed for Physicians working with children aged 0-3 and their families. The following topics will be covered:
- The purposes of Early Intervention under the Individual with Disabilities Act, Part C (IDEA, Part C)
- The Mission and Key Principles for Providing Early Intervention
- The services in Natural Environments referred to families in the program
- The role of referring families of young children with disabilities or delays
- Identify ways to effectively support families participating in the early intervention program
The module is divided into several 10-15 minute segments. 1 hours Continuing Medical Education Units available.
Many Faces of Autism
An Introduction to Characteristics and Simple Strategies
This introductory module presents information about unique characteristics of autism spectrum disorder (ASD), including social-communication, restricted interests and patterns of behavior, sensory, cognition and information processing, and emotional regulation. Five simple strategies are introduced that may be used anytime, anywhere with young children, students, and adults with ASD.
- Provide an understanding of the spectrum of skills that characterize autism spectrum disorder, or ASD.
- Dispel common misconceptions about ASD.
- Provide simple strategies that may be helpful for individuals with ASD.
Estimated Time to Complete Module: 90 minutes